Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Banana Bread

I hate bananas! hatehatehatehate, mostly the smell.  So to stick to my diet and to continue baking - I made banana bread in the hopes I wouldn't eat the sweets - didn't work, this banana bread was good enough for even this banana-hater to lick a few spoons and take a few bites.

Banana Bread
adapted from Betty Crocker 




This recipe makes 2 8x4 loaf cakes so I halfed it

Ingredients
1/2 + 1/8 cups sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
2 mashed very ripe bananas
1/4 cup buttermilk - I didn't have any so I used milk and a squeeze of lemon
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nut, if desired - I left this out and added CHOCOLATE CHUNKS and I definitely added more than a 1/2 cup 

Mix it:
Mix sugar and butter in large bowl. 
Stir in eggs until well blended. 
Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. 
Beat until smooth. 
Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in nuts or CHOCOLATE. 


Pour it: into greased loaf pan


Bake it:
The oven should be pre-heated to 350 degrees 
Bake for about an hour - If that 





























2 comments:

  1. I LOVE banana bread and this recipe looks so moist and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bananas! I think I would like this bread!

    ReplyDelete