Thursday, May 19, 2011

Peanut Butter Ice Cream deliciousness with Fudge Swirl and Chocolate Covered Pretzels

I got my ice cream machine and my bikini in the mail today; hmmm...which one to send back?
This ice cream is the most delicious thing, I think, I have ever created - it's decadent and rich and creamy and so good.



Peanut Butter Ice Cream
adapted from Baked Bree

Ingredients 
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 jar of hot fudge sauce - I melted it in the microwave for easy layering
bag of chocolate covered pretzels


yum:
In a medium saucepan, melt the peanut butter over medium heat.
Add the milk.
Add the cream.
Whisk in the sugar.
Add in the vanilla.  Whisk the ice cream until the mixture comes together.  Chill the mixture.
After the base has chilled, pour the mixture into your ice cream machine.
Add in the crushed chocolate covered pretzels.
Layer the ice cream with the hot fudge sauce in freezer safe container.
FREEZE!











4 comments:

  1. I need to get my ice cream machine out of the closet. This looks delicious. Peanut butter flavor is not one I have tried yet. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures don't do the taste justice. It was soooo delicious. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. My ice cream maker gets more use than just about anything in the kitchen and I'm thinking this just might need to be it's next project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peanut butter and chocolate! Add some ice cream and I'm in heaven! Thanks for a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete