Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

mmmm muffins. These muffins were very moist, a little bland but very moist due to the yogurt/sour cream.  I shouldn't have left out the lemon but I think this recipe would make a great base for lots of flavor muffins - I love the thickness of the batter, just needs more flavor - or a pat of butter when serving.





Adapted from Smitten Kitchen

Ingredients
5 tablespoons softened butter - I'm a bad baker and always use salted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt - I used 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt and 1/4 cup sour cream because its what I had
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest - I left this out, I regretted leaving it out :(
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon  baking soda
1/4 teaspoon  salt
3/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, don’t bother defrosting)



Preheat oven to 375°F. 
Line a muffin tin with 10 paper liners or spray each cup with a nonstick spray - I used a regular cupcake pan and got 12 cupcake sized muffins out of the batter
Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. 
Add egg and beat well, then yogurt and zest. 
Put flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a sifter and sift half of dry ingredients over batter - I'm also a terrible baker that doesn't sift
Mix until combined. 
Add blueberries. 
The dough will be quite thick and yummy fill tins 3/4 full
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes




 
serve!





No comments:

Post a Comment